Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bead Fest Bound

Before we return to more studio adventures (playing with an arbor press up next!) I am thrilled to share some of the classes being taught at the upcoming Bead Fests in Santa Fe and Philadelphia.

     


I always look forward to these shows and the familiar, friendly faces of the staff, past students, friends and fellow instructors. This year, at both shows, I am introducing a new material to my normal line up of metal and Faux Bone classes...leather! This dapped leather band is a great way to learn how to work with leather in much the same way we work with metal. Students will learn to form the leather, dye it and embellish it with crystal or metal studs and a snap closure.

     


My etching class is returning, giving students an opportunity to see how to set up their own compact etching tank (being featured in Art Jewelry magazine this year) and how to use my Faux Bone flaring tools to create etched frames. And of course, no teaching schedule would be complete without me recruiting some new Faux Bone ambassadors! This year, we'll focus on using fabric dyes and setting stones into Faux Bone, a great class for both students familiar with the material and those who have never used it before.


There are so many great offerings at this show! Here are some of my favorite in Santa Fe...I would take any of these classes in a minute, not only because I love the projects, but because these are fabulous teachers with so much to offer!
















These are just a few of the classes from sooooo many talented instructors. Good luck choosing...you'll need it!

Hope to see you in Santa Fe!

Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out, Melissa! All of the projects are so lovely that I would have a hard time choosing, too.

    You can find my classes here: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/50758

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborahs work can be seen here!

    www.facebook.com/deboramauserdesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also check out Linda here!

    www.objectsandelements.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harbor Freight is indeed a dangerous place to be...I love walking through there. While it may not be the highest quality at times, I think it's perfect for beginners who aren't sure they want to invest in the high end (I got my arc welding equipment there, and regularly drool over their plasma cutter). Sad to not be going to Santa Fe to learn more of everyone's beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete